Rcbattery's packs have always provided a great balance of power, weight, and value! An excellent example of power is being able to do a full Vertical-8 manoeuver with my Freewing Avanti 80mm EDF jet. The Liperior 6S-4000 60C lipo does this really well. But the 6S-6200, though slightly heavier, provides a bit more power for this manoeuver, good power/weight ratio, and 5 minute duration (which is excellent duration for a jet).
As a person who has been in the hobby for years starting out with nitro to power our planes to electric that is most common in planes, helis and cars and trucks you are always looking for a battery that is reliable and has a good price point. RCBATTERY.COM fits the bill perfectly. There website is easy to get around, customer services is top notch and shipping is quick to any part of the USA. The variety of batteries and price point drive me back here time and time again. Not only can you have your hobby needs meet they also have batteries that can fit your scooter or e-bike needs. The power throughout the time your flying or driving is consistent with no power loss at all. The IR after each charge is low charge after charge that's one way you know these batteries are high quality. I'll keep coming bach to rcbatteries for years to come because of all the above. Thank you RCBATTERY.COM for quality and a great price day after day.
When you need a quality battery, add an incredible price that outperforms the top brands look no further. An incredible team of people that are super friendly and helpful answering every question especially Richard. He has been an incredible help and these batteries. Have a very low IR rating, as well as light weight, smaller, and thinner than other brands Quality silicone wires and a very firm feeling pack after multiple cycles. I can say that these are the best batteries I have tried today. Shipping is fast and easy. Website is super easy to navigate.
If you would like a battery connector to be changed to another style please add the change service to the shopping cart. If you purchase multiple batteries please indicate what battery you need changed to which connector. If the battery change service is not purchased we can not change the battery connector. One change service = one battery changed to desired connector.
We are unable to ship batteries via air shipments such as Fedex Express 1 Day, or 2 Day. Acceptable methods are FedEx Ground, UPS Ground, or USPS. Any orders with an air method of shipping will be downgraded to the Ground method and the difference in cost will be refunded.
NiMH and LiPo are types of batteries. If you want a high-performance setup, go LiPo. If you're not too fussed about speed NiMH would be the better option as they are safer and require less 'special attention'.
LiPo batteries are generally safer and more environmentally friendly than other R/C batteries like NiCd and NiMH. LiPo batteries have become the most common high performance R/C battery and are used in R/C cars, boats, planes, helis, multirotors and more. However, if charged, discharged, stored, maintained, or handled improperly, they can become extremely dangerous. This is a simple guide for safe LiPo battery ownership and use.
6. Never leave your LiPo batteries charging while unattended. If a battery starts to become puffy, smoke, or catches fire you need to be able to immediately handle the situation. Walking away for even just 5 minutes can spell disaster.
7. A LiPo fire is a chemical fire. Always keep a Class D fire extinguisher nearby your battery charging/discharging and storage area. The battery charging/discharging and storage area should be free from any materials which can catch fire such as wood tables, carpet, or gasoline containers. The ideal surface for charging and storing LiPo batteries is concrete or ceramic.
10. Never leave your LiPo batteries sitting around on a full charge for more than 2-3 days. If by the 3rd day you realize you are not going to use your battery today, you need to discharge your battery down to 3.6v-3.8v per cell for safe storage until you are ready to use the battery again.
11. Care for your LiPo batteries properly. Always store your LiPo batteries at room temperature. Do not store them in a hot garage, or in a cold refrigerator. Even though a cold battery has less chemical reaction taking place which can prolong its lifespan, taking a battery out from a cold fridge can cause condensation to occur on the inside of the battery, which can be very dangerous.
12. Always remember that heat is the number one enemy of LiPo batteries. The hotter your batteries get, the shorter their lifespan will be. Never charge a battery that is still warm from usage, and never use a battery that is still warm from charging.
13. Depending on how they are used, most LiPo batteries typically do not last longer than 300 charge cycles. Leaving them around on a full or depleted charge all the time, running them completely dead, or exposing them to high temperatures will shorten this lifespan dramatically.
14. LiPo batteries do not work well in cold weather. The colder it is, the shorter your run times will be due to the slowing down of the chemical activity within the battery. If it is below 14F (-10C), LiPo usage is not recommended at all. Your battery could cause your R/C vehicle to suddenly fail without warning in these temperatures.
Jessika Farrar is also the Network Administrator for the S.W.A.R.M. Network where thousands of pilots from around the world volunteer their skills to help connect life saving drone technology with missing people. Go to www.SARdrones.org to learn more about how you can help.
Unless you have a hole drilled into the ammo box for a pad lock already, if not you drill through the latch part on the sides straight threw the width of the box. Then you should be fine. I use one to store my rc car batteries..
You can if you drill a hole threw the width of box on the sides into the latch. I had one from military school & it already had hole for pad lock. I use it to store my rc car batteries. =) I like it better than a lipo bag it had character. Hope that helps someone with one.
LiPo batteries offer a wide array of benefits. But each user must decide if the benefits outweigh the drawbacks. For more and more people, they do. In my personal opinion, there is nothing to fear from LiPo batteries, so long as you follow the rules and treat the batteries with the respect they deserve.
I almost caught my house on fire tonight. Was charging 4 5000 22v lipos on the counter top. I knew that one of them had an issue with the balance port. I was getting a Vol Err but was getting other errors too. I decided not to charge with balance port but to just do a regular charge. An hour later my wife comes into my office to tell me one of the batteries is smoking. I ran to the kitchen, turned off the power supply, disconnected the battery and ran to the front door. It burst into flames while in the air after chucking it about 6 feet. 5 foot flame was coming out of both ends of the battery. Hose water did absolutely nothing. Lesson learned. All batteries outside now. If my wife had not seen the battery smoking, it would have been ugly.
In regard to the types of batteries, it is my understanding the later lithium polymer (LiPo) uses a jell-like electrolyte vs liquid which prevents the battery (unlike the (Li-On) older version from exploding or igniting when punctured, etc. Is that not correct
Hello, I will be using an Ammo case and Lipo Charging/ storage bags for the individual batteries. I have read that the storage containers need to have ventilation and that Lipo batteries should not be stored in an airtight container. Therefore I drilled 4 holes in the Ammo case for ventilation. Would like to hear your views about Lipo batteries and storage ventilation. Thanks, Rich
LiPo batteries are incredible power source for FPV drones, they are able to store and deliver a large amount of energy, but when LiPo batteries are not handled properly they can be dangerous. In this guide you will learn all the basics of LiPo batteries for FPV drone, how to charge them safely, and how to store them when you are not using them.
A LiPo battery can have multiple LiPo cells, common LiPo batteries for 5-inch FPV drones are 4-cell (or 4S) and 6-cell (or 6S). When higher voltage is required, LiPo cells can be connected in series to form a bigger, higher voltage battery.
When you connect two identical batteries in series, it does not change its capacity, but it doubles the voltage. For example, by combining two 2S 1000mah in series, you will get a 4S 1000mAh battery. But if you connect them in parallel, you will double its capacity but the voltage stays the same, ie. it becomes a 2S 2000mAh pack.
Some batteries are designed for low current applications (for example a battery with 8C or 10C rating for powering a radio), IR will inherently be higher. 18650 Li-ion batteries have much higher IR than a typical LiPo batteries too which is completely normal, so do not worry!
Many batteries nowadays allow faster charging, such as at 3C or even 5C. Make sure you understand the specs of your LiPo before charging at such high rate. If in doubt just charge it at 1C, charging your battery at higher C increases the risk of LiPo overheat/fire.
It is very important to charge your batteries in an area clear of flammable items and materials. If you are charging indoor, try to do it close to a window or door so there is a chance you can throw the battery out quickly if fire happens.
Parallel charging might not be the safest way of charging LiPo batteries, but it is a fast way to charge multiple batteries at the same time. I have a whole tutorial explaining how to parallel charge.
Charging tiny 1S batteries can be slightly different than charging the bigger packs. You can perhaps charge multiple 1S batteries using a parallel board (basically just combining them as one big 1S battery). But I think the most effective way of charging them is getting a dedicated 1S battery charger or charge board. Here are my 1S batteries charger recommendations. 59ce067264